Your friend visited you in your country and stayed in a hotel that you have recommended. Write a letter to the hotel manager about your friend’s unsatisfactory stay. In your letter
- Tell about your friend
- Describe the problem
- suggest some improvements.
Your neighbour burns his garbage near your house. Write a letter to him and include the following:
- Complain about the situation.
- Explain about the effects of his actions on your family.
- Suggest a solution.
You are organising a party for your colleagues. Write a letter to them and say
- What happened at the last year’s party.
- Give suggestion how to make it better.
- Mention the venue, date and time to meet.
You recently read an article in a magazine, which was very useful for your work. You would like to recommend it to a friend. Write a letter to him/her and say
- What was the article about?
- Where did you read it?
- Why is it useful for your job?
You have recently participated in a training course. Write a letter and give feedback to the organiser.
- Give details about the course.
- What did you like about the course?
- Give some suggestions for improvement.
You recently moved to a different city and are looking for a place to stay. Write to a real estate agent and say:
- Why did you move?
- What location would you prefer?
- Describe the accommodation type that you need.
You have recently read an article in a newspaper about your favourite restaurant. The writer did not like the restaurant, but you disagree with his/her opinion. Write a letter to the editor and say
- Where the restaurant is and its name
- Describe your last visit to the restaurant
- Why you disagree with the writer’s opinion
- What should the editor do about this
You have recently enrolled in an evening school course. Write a letter to the director about something you’re not happy with.
- Give details of the course.
- Explain what the problem is.
- What do you expect the school to do?
You want to learn a foreign language for work purposes from a teacher in your locality. Write a letter to him/her and say
- Explain the reason for learning.
- How will it help with your work?
- Ask a few details about the course.
- How did you hear about him/her?
You recently heard about an international company that you would like to work for. Write a job application letter and say:
- How did you hear about the company?
- What skills and qualifications do you have?
- Why do you want to work there?
You had an incident during your stay in a hotel. One of the staff members was very helpful. Write a letter to the hotel management about it and say
- What was the incident?
- How did the staff member help you?
- Suggest how the management should show appreciation to him/her
You have forgotten an important thing or document in a taxi on your recent trip. Write a letter to the taxi company manager and say
- Give details of your journey.
- Describe the importance of what you left in that taxi.
- What do you expect the taxi company manager to do?
You have seen a man a few days ago in your local park, causing damage. Write a letter to the park management and say
- What did you see?
- Who are you?
- What do you think should be done about it?
You have been selected for a training course on computer skills that you cannot attend. Write a letter to your employer and say:
- Explain how this training course would help you.
- Why won’t you be able attend it?
- Suggest a way to have that training again.
Write a letter to your friend from a different country. Invite him/her to a party at your home and include the following
- What is the party about?
- Give directions how to get to your place.
- Suggest how to accommodate him/her.
You are going to have a family party in a private room of a hotel. Write a letter to the hotel manager and say
- Why do you need to use this private room?
- What do you need them to provide for the party?
- Inquire about the price of the food you are ordering
You are interested in a short course in a certain college. Write a letter to that college and say
- What course are you interested in? Why?
- State your education background and practical experience.
- What do you like about the college?
Write a letter to an employment agency about your interest in working in another country. Please mention
- What kind of job would you like to have?
- In what industry do you want to work? Why?
- Why do you want to work in another country?
You have some repairs to do at home, but there is a restaurant next to your house. Write a letter to the restaurant manager and say:
- What repairs are you going to do?
- How will it affect the restaurant?
- Provide a solution for the inconvenience.
One of your friends invited you for a meal with his/her family in their home. Write a letter to your friend and say:
- Thank them and tell what you have enjoyed the most.
- How do you feel about this visit?
- Suggest some arrangements to invite them to your home.